I built my own custom printing environment because I required a level of control and quality that I just couldn't get from commercial labs. Now I can make this professional printing environment available to other photographers and digital artists who want the very best prints. If you demand the highest quality fine art printing available today, then this just may be the service for you.
Who Should Use This Service?
Photographers and digital artists, professional or amateur, who demand the very best in digital printing.
A highly repeatable, highest quality, professional digital printing service which is customized to the particular needs of the photographer or digital artist. Each printer / paper / ink combination has been pain-stakingly evaluated, tested, measured and optimized to provide the very best possible output with the current state-of-the-art in digital printing.
Contact me to discuss your particular needs. If your requirements are a good match with my own, then it should be easy to print your work when I print mine, thereby keeping the price low for both of us. In short, everything is negotiable, except for quality.
- Colorburst Layout Series Pro RIP
- Highly linear, repeatable environment
- Optimized ink control for best balance of: wide gamut, high Dmax and excellent neutrals
- Epson K3 Ultrachrome Pigmented Inks
- Wide gamut, most stable inkset available today
- Epson 9800 44" wide printer
- The printer of choice for pros and pro labs
- Epson 4800 17" wide printer
- Same great technology for smaller sizes
- Epson Premium Luster (250 gsm)
- Epson Premium Semi Matte (250 gsm)
- Epson Enhanced Matte (192 gsm)
- Hahnemuhle Photo Rag (308 gsm)
- Others on request
- I use a variety of spectrophotometers and software tools to create and evaluate linearization and profiles in order to achieve the best printing environment possible.
- First, we discuss your printing needs, including size, paper type, turn-around time and any other requirements you may have. Based on this discussion, we agree on a price structure.
- Next I set up an FTP account for you to use when sending your image files and I send you the appropriate ICC profiles for the paper(s) you will be using
- You deposit your color managed files on the FTP server and fax me an order form
- I print the images on a schedule that we agree on
- You either pick up your prints (if you are local) or I can ship them to you
Pricing and Availability
Pricing and availability are dependent upon individual service requirements (number of different papers, sizes, quantities, turn around times, etc.).